TibetanMonkeyBlog

Monday, August 29, 2005


This is a picture of one of my sunflowers I grew in the front yard this year. I couldn't think of anything more ridiculous to plant, so I dumped a packet of mixed sunflower seeds in the flower bed and waited a few weeks. Sunflowers grow FAST! The stalks on these babies are an enormous 7 feet tall and they grew to this height in roughly two months or so! I didn't get any of the big, yellow sunflowers out of this batch, although they were pictured on the packet. I think that may have been a result of the squirrels feeding on the larger of the seeds before they had a chance to germinate. Oh well... a squirrell's gotta eat! ~~ On to other news ... I have been watching coverage of Hurricane Katrina today on the news channel and I am just so sad for those people who have lost homes and loved ones as a result of this storm. I have decided that prayer works, so I'll pray. I am thinking I may go down to a Red Cross blood drive here in DC on 1Sept and donate blood. It's the least I can do, but I really don't have any money to give right now. In fact, I'm watching my checking account today and praying for a little miracle of my own. We all do what we can, I guess. Pray if you pray. Give if you can. I believe good thoughts are prayers in God's eyes. I hope you are well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home